(also known as Multi-Trip Travel Insurance)
Annual Multi-Trip plans cover all trips throughout the year, subject to a maximum length of 15 - 180 days per-trip, depending on the plan.
Most plans include Travel Medical insurance which reimburses you for emergency medical expenses incurred when you are traveling far from home. 24/7 emergency assistance, emergency medical evacuation, accidental death insurance, baggage protection, trip delay protection, and other trip protection benefits are often included as well.
- Maximum coverage levels can be substantial enough (up to US$1 million) to cover major medical expenses such as emergency surgery and extended hospital stays.
- The "American-style" of international medical insurance coverage requires you to pay the specified deductible (excess in the UK) and co-insurance als known as co-pay before the insurer pays any expenses.
- Plans often require pre-certification by the insurer or designated plan adminitrator prior to hospital admission abroad.
- When hospitalization is necessary, many insurers provide a guarantee of hospital admission, and some insurers provide direct payments to hospitals.
- When hospitalization is not necessary, most insurers require a claim form to be submitted for reimbursement of covered expenses for basic treatment by a physician and outpatient medical services.
- A few select plans include Trip Cancellation insurance.
- Some plans cover domestic and international travel, while some plans only cover travel abroad.
- Annual Multi-Trip plans are a good value for frequent travelers.